1. Create detailed and accurate subject profiles. To receive bookings from clients who are interested in your subject, make sure your subject descriptions accurately illustrate your own unique experience and style of teaching. Look at other tutors’ subjects to get inspiration, but don't copy them!
2. Set competitive prices to attract clients and reach your earning goals. You have complete control over how much you charge for tutoring. Set prices which reflect the value of your work and that will attract clients to you. You can also offer discounts for group tutoring and you’re free to change your price at any time.
Tuteria’s service fees scale downwards from 35% to 15% of what you charge your clients, which we automatically subtract before you get your payout.
3. Upload a video to your profile to build clients’ confidence in you. Tutors with clear videos on their profile receive up to 3 times more clients than those without videos. As soon as you can, ensure you upload a video because it helps clients hear you speak and boost their confidence to learn from you.
4. Respond to clients quickly. You’ll receive two main types of engagement notifications from clients:
Booking Reservations are lessons booked on specific days and times based on your available calendar for which a client has already hired you. It can be for a couple of hours or for a whole month or more depending on the client's demand.
Meeting Requests are just what they sound like – requests from clients to meet with you in person before booking lessons in which case they would have paid 30% of your long-term fee upfront.
It's important to respond to booking reservations and meeting requests by calling your clients immediately you receive the notification via SMS. Your responsiveness may affect how clients rate you.
5. Always go the extra mile to offer great service to your clients You’re the expert, and that’s why they hired you. Don’t just “do your best and leave the rest”. Prepare for each lesson and thrill your clients with the quality, approach and results of your tutoring. Happy clients will give you great reviews and hire you again through Tuteria which further increases your reputation.
6. Keep your commitments to your clients and avoid cancelling. When clients hire you, remember that they’re counting on you to follow through. Cancellations are really disruptive for clients, but we know that sometimes the unexpected happens. Keep in mind that you may face cancellation penalties whenever you cancel lessons.
7. Enter your payment information to get paid! Earnings are paid to your wallet immediately after client confirms lessons or 3 days after you submit lessons, which can be withdrawn to your Paga or bank account at any time, once you have entered your payment information.
8. Submit lessons on time so that your earnings can be processed After you’ve taught a lesson, don’t wait too long before you return to the site to indicate you have delivered the lesson. You'll need to submit all lessons before payments can be processed. Lessons submitted late may delay your payments.
9. Request a background check on yourself to gain clients’ trust. Having a background check earns you a badge which gives clients some assurance that you have no criminal record or that your address has been verified. Clients can request a background check on you, but you can also request one on yourself. Background checks help give clients peace of mind to hire you.
10. Keep to Tuteria tutoring policies, do not violate any of them. Successful tutors can earn upwards of N360, 000 yearly, and cultivate their reputation within our trusted community. However, we have created standard Tutoring Policies that must guide your use of this site. Please note that we will disable any tutor who attempts to violate any of our policies – even for once.