Tuteria is designed to help you succeed. To build your reputation, ensure you create a great profile, maintain quality tutoring service and keep to our policies.
A good reputation makes you more desirable to clients, while a bad reputation over time, may lead to your account being suspended or disabled.
Activities that add to your reputation:
- Uploading a Video (+15 points): tutors with one video in their profile receive 3 times more bookings than others because clients tend to trust them more. Please read our guideline for creating videosCreating first 5 subjects (+5 points): you can create any number of subjects. Creating at least 5 subjects earns you more exposure and more clients.
- Receiving great reviews (+10 points): clients review your performance after each booking. Your reputation increases each time you get a great review.
- Having background check (+30 points): you or your clients can run a background check on you which covers criminal records check and/or address verification; and helps client feel safer to hire you.
- Getting repeat bookings (+50 points): every time previous clients hire you again through Tuteria, your reputation increases by 50! Repeat bookings are the strongest indication that you did a great job and that you are upholding our Tutoring Policies.
Activities that subtract from your reputation:
- Receiving bad reviews (-15 points): every bad review from your client reduces your reputation. Always offer great service and you won’t have any problems. Feel free to read our top 10 successful tutoring tips.
- Cancelling a lesson (-10 points): as much as possible, don’t cancel lessons. If you won’t be available for tutoring on a specific day, simply turn it off on your calendar and no one would be able to hire you.
Your reputation score is calculated automatically when any of these actions occur. However, there are several instances where a tutor might be permanently removed from Tuteria.