Activities that add to your reputation:
- Giving detailed reviews (+20 points): providing genuine and helpful reviews about your experience with tutors promotes trust within our community, helps other clients learn more about the tutor and increases your reputation.
- Receiving good reviews (+10 points): tutors also review their experience with clients and provide feedback after each lesson. Your reputation increases each time you receive a good review.
- Repeat bookings (+50 points): clients re-hire tutors through Tuteria to ensure their payments are always protected and that tutors are monitored. Paying outside Tuteria makes it harder for us to protect your information and puts you at greater risk of fraud and other security issues. Every time you hire a previous tutor again through Tuteria, your reputation increases by 50!
Activities that subtract from your reputation:
- Receiving bad reviews (-15 points): bad reviews from tutors reduce your reputation. Being collaborative often ensures you always get a good review. Feel free to read our top tips for hiring.
- Cancelling a lesson (-20 points): clients are encouraged to consider their schedules before booking lessons in order to avoid cancelling. Cancelling lessons can destabilize your tutor and doesn’t promote trust.
Your reputation score is calculated automatically when any of these actions occur. A good reputation makes tutors more confident to offer their services to you, and a bad reputation implies fewer tutors may be willing to work with you.
However, there are several instances where a user might be prevented from using Tuteria in anyway.